Extensions In Glass Home Conservatories Swimming Pool Enclosures Sun Room and Spa Garden Rooms & Patio Enclosures Folding Glass Doors

Planning Permission and Listed Buildings Consent

  • Planning Permission is not usually needed as you are entitled to extend your house by up to 70 cubic metres (50 cubic metres in a Conservation Area or Terrace Houses) without consent.
  • However, if you have a larger conservatory in mind, or your house is already extended, we may need to seek formal planning consent.
  • If you live in a conservation area (and the conservatory is to the front elevation), or in a Listed Building, approval is essential.
  • If Listed Building Consent is granted your conservatory will be exempt from VAT In most instances.
  • We will advise you as to the best way to plan your conservatory and undertake the necessary work involved in submitting a formal planning application.

Building Regulations

Unless your conservatory exceeds 30 square metres of floor area, Building Regulations will not be required. There are exceptions to this rule in Central London, Scotland and Ireland. We will advise you before your order is placed.
Request a Quote Contact Us Links Legal Site Map Telescopic Pool Enclosures Swimming Pool Buildings